Delicious avocado egg salad
If you like a creamy texture and delicious taste this avocado egg salad will be your favourite dish. Each ingredient has been chosen to offer the highest nutritional value while controlling blood sugar levels. And avocados are great for diabetics, as they’re low in carbohydrates and have a low glycemic index. This salad is rich in vitamins and minerals, and the richness of avocados and nutritious eggs will satisfy everyone’s hunger.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup (200g)
· Ripe avocados, 3 medium (600g) cubed
· Hard boiled eggs, 6 large (360g) chopped
· Chives, ¾ cup (15g) chopped
· Lemon juice, 2 tbsp (30ml)
· Salt, ½ tsp (2.5 g)
· Black pepper, ¼ tsp (0.5g)
· Greek yogurt/Fat-free yogurt, 1 cup (240g)
1. Peel and remove the seed from the avocados. Cube the avocados and add them to a large bowl.
2. Mash the avocado cubes with a fork until it reaches your desired texture.
3. Add chopped boiled eggs, chives, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt into the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
Storage: This avocado egg salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. To maintain freshness and prevent the avocado from browning it's best to store in an airtight container.
Calories - 279kcal
Fat - 21g
Carbohydrate - 8g
Protein - 14g
Sodium - 290mg
Sugar - 8g
Fiber - 12g
Looking for more recipes like this?
With a delightful blend of protein-rich quinoa, wholesome lentils and aromatic Indian spices, this meal is vibrant, satisfying, and full of flavour.
A powerhouse of nutrients, this green dosa is low calorie and rich in omega-3, vitamin A and fibre, helping boost blood glucose control for diabetics.
A guilt-free yet delicious meal option, this aromatic cauliflower rice has the essence of traditional pulao while embracing a low-carb twist.