Grilled tandoori chicken with cauliflower rice
Enjoy the rich flavours of India in this classic dish with a diabetes-friendly twist. Marinated in aromatic spices and grilled to perfection, the tender tandoori chicken is served alongside a bed of cauliflower rice, creating a balanced and satisfying meal that meets your dietary needs without compromising on taste.
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus marination time)
Baking time: 15 minutes
For the tandoori chicken:
· Boneless chicken pieces (preferably breast or thigh), (300g)
· Plain Greek yogurt (low-fat), (100g)
· Ginger paste, 15g
· Garlic paste, 15g
· Ground cumin, 1 tsp
· Ground coriander, 1 tsp
· Paprika, 1 tsp
· Turmeric, ½ tsp
· Garam masala, ½ tsp
· Chili powder (adjust to taste), ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Juice of half a lemon
· Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
For the cauliflower rice:
· Cauliflower florets, riced (grated finely to resemble rice), (300g)
· Olive oil, 1 tbsp
· Cumin seeds, ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Freshly chopped mint leaves for garnish
1. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, turmeric, garam masala, chili powder, salt, and lemon juice to make the marinade.
2. Cut slits in the chicken pieces to allow the marinade to penetrate. Coat the chicken evenly with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly grease the grill grates with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
4. Grill the marinated chicken pieces for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and nicely charred. Cooking time may vary based on the thickness of the chicken. Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 75°C (165°F).
5. While the chicken is grilling, prepare the cauliflower rice. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
6. Add the riced cauliflower to the pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until the cauliflower is tender but not mushy. Season with salt to taste.
7. Serve the grilled tandoori chicken on a bed of cauliflower rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and chopped mint leaves.
Calories - 300kcal
Carbs - 10g
Proteins - 40g
Fiber - 3g
Looking for more recipes like this?
Nutritious and delicious, these chicken and spinach patties can be prepared in just 20 minutes! And better yet, they're also dairy-free and sugar-free.
A symphony of flavours, this chicken curry is a delicate blend of exotic spices. Low in carbs, it's perfect for diabetics and won't harm blood sugar control.
This spiced lemon salmon and minty quinoa salad combines warm spices, tangy lemon and fresh mint. Rich in omega-3, it's tasty, healthy and refreshing.