Spiced lemon salmon with minty quinoa salad
Dive into a delicious journey of flavours with our spiced lemon salmon and minty quinoa salad. This recipe combines the goodness of omega-3-rich salmon fillets with warm spices and tangy lemon. Paired with a light quinoa salad, with fresh mint and vibrant vegetables, this dish is tasty, healthy and refreshing.
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus marination time)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the spiced lemon salmon:
· 2 salmon fillets, (approximately 150g each)
· Zest and juice of 1 lemon
· Ground cumin, 1 tsp
· Ground coriander, ½ tsp
· Ground turmeric, ½ tsp
· Paprika, ¼ tsp
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Olive oil, 1 tbsp
For the minty quinoa salad:
· Quinoa, rinsed (150g)
· Water, (300ml)
· ½ cucumber, diced
· ½ red bell pepper, diced
· 2 spring onions, finely chopped
· A handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
· Juice of 1 lemon
· Extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, mix together the lemon zest, lemon juice, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil to create the marinade.
2. Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish and coat them with the marinade. Cover and let them marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the rinsed quinoa and a pinch of salt. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the water is absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and let it cool.
4. Once the salmon has marinated, preheat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon fillets for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and is cooked through.
5. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, diced cucumber, diced red bell pepper, chopped spring onions, and chopped mint leaves.
6. Whisk together the lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to make the dressing for the quinoa salad. Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss until well combined.
7. Serve the spiced lemon salmon over a bed of minty quinoa salad.
Calories - 350kcal
Carbs - 25g
Proteins - 25g
Fiber - 4g
Looking for more recipes like this?
Nutritious and delicious, these chicken and spinach patties can be prepared in just 20 minutes! And better yet, they're also dairy-free and sugar-free.
A symphony of flavours, this chicken curry is a delicate blend of exotic spices. Low in carbs, it's perfect for diabetics and won't harm blood sugar control.
This diabetes-friendly Indian fish curry combines tasty fish, fragrant spices and healthy herbs. Blending taste and wellness, it boosts health and happiness.